What to expect when you work with us
• We will ask you to open an account with a third-party custodian – preference is Charles Schwab or TD Ameritrade. These are high quality, low cost custodians. We do not profit in any way from custodian relationships.
• We will guide you through the necessary paperwork to open your account.
• You sign a simple two-page Investment Advisory Agreement that grants us authority to buy and sell securities on your behalf. There is also information about our fees and responsibilities.
• You may delegate responsibility for voting proxies to us or you may manage the proxy voting on your own.
• Before we begin investing, we will get to know you and your personal needs and preferences. These include your risk tolerance, tax situation, cash withdrawal needs, personal goals and unique constraints. You may restrict us from investing in certain asset classes or specific securities or industries.
• Your portfolio will be directly managed by one of our three portfolio managers.
• You will receive a regular statement from your custodian. You will receive a report directly from us quarterly detailing your performance, portfolio changes and year to date capital gains and losses.
• We welcome financial planning questions. We are happy to talk to you about retirement planning, college education planning, employer-sponsored retirement plan choices or other personal finance questions.
• Our goals are to deliver excellent investment performance within the context of your personal situation and to provide sound advice in your best interest at all times. If you have any issues or questions, we commit to responding to you quickly and honestly.